Our email addressess use these European servers.
SERVER NAME: pop.europe.secureserver.net or imap.europe.secureserver.net
USERNAME: (email address)
PASSWORD: (your password)
Typically, the SMTP ports that the iPhone and iPad use work just fine. By default, your device uses SSL and port 465 for SMTP.
If you can receive email but can't send it on your device, double-check that you're using SSL and port 465.
Sometimes ISPs or network providers block specific ports for security reasons. If the default settings don't work, you can try some alternate ports.
To Change Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch SMTP Port Settings
- Go to Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap the email account you want to change.
- Tap SMTP and the SMTP server you want to modify.
- If you have Use SSL turned on, use port 465. Otherwise turn Use SSL off, and try these other ports for SMTP: 80, 3535, or 25.
- Go to Mail, and check to see if you can send email. If not, repeat steps 1-5 and try a different port.
To read your emails on a mobile load ths site into the browser on your phone https://mobilemail07.europe.secureserver.net/